Langmeil The Freedom 1843 Shiraz 2017
740270 / 75cl
Langmeil is home to The Freedom Shiraz vineyard, which is believed to have been planted in 1843 by vigneron Christian Auricht. Escaping war and persecution in Prussia, Auricht travelled to his new homeland, finding Freedom in the Barossa Valley. His original plantings survive to this day and at 172 years old are some of the oldest and rarest vines in the world. In the glass the wine is deep crimson with purple hues. On the nose an intense aroma of ripe Satsuma plum, mocha, vanilla and savoury notes, mingle with hints of cedar and sweet spices. On the palate rich, sweet fruit is balanced wonderfully with briary and sweet spices and lovely, silky tannins. A full-bodied, textured wine showing great complexity with hints of cedar and allspice and in combination, flow through to the lengthy, brambly fruit finish.
- Free delivery on orders over £100 to the UK mainland
- Free click and collect from the Cobham
- Local delivery for Cobham is available on request
- Standard delivery £9.99 on orders under £100
- 2-day delivery to non-mainland addresses £30.00
For more information, please see our Delivery Information page.