Van Loggerenberg `Breton` Cabernet Franc 2022
VLW0200A / 75cl
Breton is a Loire synonym for Cabernet Franc and represents three barrels from two rows of vines on the Polkadraai Hills outside of Stellenbosch; a vineyard Lukas now shares with Bruwer Raats. Like Lukas, I have a particular affinity for the Cabernet Franc from the Loire and whilst there are some excellent wines made from the grape in the Cape, they tend to aspire to being comparable to Bordeaux, rather than to those from Anjou or Touraine which are made in a more modest tradition. Lukas’s example is strictly in this more restrained style; picked earlier than is usual, it carries just 12.5% alcohol. I’m delighted that he took my inspiration for the name and also elected to bottle it in a burgundy (rather than bordelaise) bottle.
- Free delivery on orders over £100 to the UK mainland
- Free click and collect from the Cobham
- Local delivery for Cobham is available on request
- Standard delivery £9.99 on orders under £100
- 2-day delivery to non-mainland addresses £30.00
For more information, please see our Delivery Information page.